New Importation Process Decree No. 74/2018/ND-CP
iOTEK – Vietnam Government has officially issued Decree No. 74/2018/ND-CP dated May 15, 2018. 2018 amending and supplementing Decree No. 132/2008/ND-CP dated December 31, 2018. Under the new regulation of Decree No. 74/2018/ND-CP, all local importers and manufacturers have to register for “Imported Product Quality Registration” (IPQR) process.
In details, under the regulation of Decree No. 74:2018/ND-CP, all the local importers have to submit the “imported product quality registration” (IPQR) form together with the related documents of their shipment to Approval Authority for their importation. After that, the local importer will need to submit the Self-Declaration of Conformity (SDoC) to Approval Authority within 15 days from custom clearance in order to declare that their product comply with all applied Vietnam standards. After completing submitting the SDoC, the local importers and manufacturers can sell their product in Vietnam market.
These steps are described as below:
1. Submit the IPQR application documents to Approval Authority
2. Approval Authority provides the signed and stamped IPQR in 1 working day
3. Submit the signed and stamped IPQR to Vietnam Custom for custom clearance.
4. Submit the SDoC application documents to Authority (within 15 days from custom clearance)
Below is requirement documents for IPQR and SDoC applications:
IPQR application documents:
- IPQR form (see page 41 of Decree No. 74/2018/ND-CP)
- Packing list
- Bill of Lading
- Custom Declaration
- Label of products
- Copy of the type approval certificate (for radio products listed in Appendix 1 of Circular No. 04/2018/TT-BTTTT)
SDoC application documents:
- SDoC form
- Technical specifications of the product
- External photos of the product
- EMC test reports of the product (it should be local test reports or MRA test reports)
The places for registration of IPQR and SDoC:
IPQR and SDoC application documents can be applied to one of the below three authorities of VNTA:
1. Hanoi City:
The Verification and Certification Center 1 of VNTA
Floor 15, Building Radio Frequency Department, 115 Tran Duy Hung, Cau Giay District, Hanoi Vietnam
2. Ho Chi Minh City:
The Verification and Certification Center 2 of VNTA
No. 60 Tan Canh, Ward 1, Tan Binh Dist. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
3. Da Nang City:
The Verification and Certification Center 3 of VNTA
43 Tran Quoc Toan Street, Hai Chau 1 Ward, Hai Chau District, Da Nang, Vietnam.
Click here to preview Decree No. 74/2018/ND-CP
New Circular from MIC: Circular 15/2018/TT-BTTTT amending and supplementing Circular 30/2011/TT-BTTTT
November 20, 2018
November 15, 2018