Question & Answer
Q: What are the applied standards for a mobile phone with 2G/3G/4G/NFC/WLAN a/b/g/n/ac?
A: Based on the regulation of Circular No. 04/2018/TT-BTTTT, the applied RF standards for a mobile phone with 2G/3G/4G/NFC/WLAN a/b/g/n/ac are QCVN 12:2015/BTTTT, QCVN 15:2015/BTTTT, QCVN 47:2015/BTTTT, QCVN 55:2011/BTTTT, QCVN 54:2011/BTTTT and QCVN 65:2013/BTTTT. The applied EMC standards for this mobile phone are QCVN 86:2015/BTTTT, QCVN 18:2014/BTTTT, QCVN 96:2015/BTTTT, QCVN 112:2017/BTTTT.
Q: What are the applied standards for lithium batteries which use for laptops, cell phones, tablets?
A: The applied standards for lithium batteries which use for laptops, cell phones, tablets are QCVN 101:2011/BTTTT. Please note that based on current regulation of Circular No. 04/2018/TT-BTTTT, only local test report for lithium batteries under QCVN 101:2011/BTTTT from accredited labs (Quacert and Quatest 3) are eligible for submission.
Q: I hear that Vietnam MIC has published a new rule 74 Decree which will require all importers to provide the latest conformity cert for new products imported to Vietnam. Can you let me know more detail about this new Decree?
A: From August 2018, we have new process on importation. We will need to follow Decree No. 74/2018/ND-CP on importation. I would like to forward the Decree No. 74/2018/ND-CP to you for your reference.
In details, under the regulation of Decree No. 74:2018/ND-CP, all the local importers will need to submit the “imported product quality registration” (IPQR) form together with the related documents of their shipment to Approval Authority for their importation. After that, the local importer will need to submit the Self-Declaration of Conformity (SDoC) to Approval Authority in next 15 working days from custom clearance in order to declare that their product comply with all applied Vietnam standards.
These steps are described as below:
1. Submit the IPQR application documents to Approval Authority
2. Approval Authority provides the signed and stamped IPQR in 1-2 working days
3. Submit the signed and stamped IPQR to Vietnam Custom for custom clearance.
4. Submit the SDoC application documents to Authority (in next 15 working days from custom clearance)
By the way, below is requirement documents for IPQR and SDoC applications:
– IPQR application documents:
- IPQR form (see page 41 of Decree No. 74/2018/ND-CP)
- Packing list
- Bill of Lading
- Custom Declaration
- Label of products
- Copy of the type approval certificate (for radio products)
– SDoC application documents:
- SDoC form
- Technical specifications of the product
- External photos of the product
- EMC test reports of the product (it should be local test reports or MRA test reports)
If you still have any query about these new processes, please do not hesitate to contact with me.
Q: Based on the new regulation on importation, what approval/test reports/anything else require for a mobile phone with 2G/3G/4G/NFC/WLAN a/b/g/n/ac when we plan to import this mobile phone into Vietnam?
A: First of all, fora mobile phone with 2G/3G/4G/NFC/WLAN a/b/g/n/ac, we will need to get the type approval certificate on RF functions and EMC test reports for this mobile phone.
Please refer my quotation on getting type approval certificate on RF functions and EMC test reports for this mobile phone as below:
- Price: based on applied RF standards and EMC standards. Please email us ([email protected]) for specific price.
- Lead time: 17-20 working days
- Sample: 01 normal test sample (if you can provide the eligible CE test reports from MRA labs, the test sample can be waived)
- Documents: technical specifications, external photos, user manual, CE test reports (if any)
We will also need to get the Safety test report for this mobile phone’s lithium battery under QCVN 101:2016/BTTTT. Please refer my quotation on getting the Safety test report for a lithium battery as below:
- Price: Please email us ([email protected]) for specific price.
- Lead time: 3-4 weeks
- Sample: 21 battery packs and 53 battery cells (including 10 battery cells with the connector).
- Documents: technical specifications, UN38.3 report, the CDF file.
When the imported shipment is at Vietnam port, we will prepare the IPQR and SDoC application documents and submit to Approval Authority and Vietnam Custom to clear this shipment as soon as possible.
Q: Car Audio Devices are Bluetooth devices and operate from 2400 MHz to 2483.5MHz. Do these devices need Type Approval Certificate?
A: Pursuant to Circular 04/2018/TT-BTTTT of Ministry of Information and Communications Vietnam a Bluetooth device or a WLAN device operating in 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands with RF output power less than 60mW is exempted from mandatory MIC type approval.
We should apply for the Exemption Letter from Approval Authority for these products.
Q: Could you let me know the requirement of ICT label in Vietnam?
A: Based on the guidance from Approval Authority, we will follow the Circular No. 28/2012/TT-BKHCN on requirement of ICT label in Vietnam. Based on this Circular, we can use the ICT label without name, code and ICT abbreviation.
Please refer the ICT label as below:
A: Yes. You can still use the ICT label with name, code and ICT abbreviation as usual.
In principle, Circular No. 30/2011/TT-BTTTT is still valid. Thus, if the local importer already has their name and code, they can still use the ICT label with name, code and ICT abbreviation as usual.
New Circular from MIC: Circular 15/2018/TT-BTTTT amending and supplementing Circular 30/2011/TT-BTTTT
November 20, 2018
November 15, 2018