iOTEK – Based on the current regulations of Circular No. 30/2011/TT-BTTTT, to ensure the compatibility of radio products in national telecommunications network connection and safety, information security, electromagnetic compatibility requirements, effective and economical utilization of the radio spectrum resource, safety for humans and the environment, and user interests, all the local importers will need to apply the type approval certificates for their imported radio products before they import these products into Vietnam market.
The products which need to apply the type approval certificate on radio functions are listed in Appendix 1 of Circular No. 04/2018/TT-BTTTT. Please follow the below link to refer Circular No. 04/2018/TT-BTTTT.
Below are some typical products which need type approval on radio function:
– Short Range Device with operating frequency of 9kHz – 25MHz
– Short Range Device with operating frequency of 25MHz – 1GHz
– Short Range Device with operating frequency of 918 – 923MHz
– Phone (a/b/g/n/2G/3G/4G/NFC)
– Wi-Fi Access Point (ac/a/b/g/n) with Output power over 60mW EIRP
– Tablet, Notebook, Desktop Computer (ac/a/b/g/n)
– Tablet, Notebook, Desktop Computer (b/g/n)
– Router or Gateway (ac/a/b/g/n) with Output power over 60mW EIRP
To apply the type approval certificate for radio and ICT products, we need to follow 03 belowing steps:
– Based on the technical specifications of the radio product, we need to determine the applied RF standards.
– Register and submit the test sample to the accredited test lab for testing.
The application documents includes:
– Application form,
– Technical specifications/datasheet, user manual, external photos,
– Eligible test reports,
– The business license of the local importer.
Depends on the register address of the local importer, application documents should be submitted to one of following Verification and Certification Centers:
– The Verification and Certification Center 1 of VNTA located in Ha Noi: For applicants having register address in the North of Vietnam.
– The Verification and Certification Center 2 of VNTA located in Ho Chi Minh: For applicants having register address in South of Vietnam.
– The Verification and Certification Center 3 of VNTA located in Da Nang: For applicants having register address in Middle of Vietnam.
The type approval certificate for radio and ICT products will be issued by Approval Authority within 10 working days from submission date.
iOTEK satisfies clients by providing high quality and reliable type approval services to help clients in obtaining Type Approvals for radio and ICT products to access Vietnam market. We provide:
– Legal and technical assistance.
– Acceleration in testing procedures and certification procedures.
– One-stop services with high quality and commitment.
Please contact us to understand more about regulations and certifications: [email protected]
Click here to preview a type approval certificate for a mobile phone.