Draft Circular amending Circular No. 46/2016/TT-BTTTT
iOTEK – Ministry of Information and Communications Vietnam (MIC Vietnam) has introduced Draft Circular to make amendment and supplement to existing Circular 46/2016/TT-BTTTT – Regulations on license-free frequency bands.
MIC Vietnam has not introduced the implementation date of this Circular yet but it is supposed to be issued by the end of 2018 and enter in effect on 2019.
- Make the definitions of Short Range Devices, Wireless Video Transmitter, Automotive Radar, Radar sensor or Road Transport and Traffic Telematics to be clearer.
- MIC confirms in this circular that products which does not meet the requirement detailing on Appendixes of Circular 46/2016/TT-BTTTT not allowed to enter in Vietnam (except for product listed under Appendix 6 and Appendix 8)
- RFID products which do not meet requirements detailing on Appendix 6 can enter Vietnam but frequency permit for use will be required.
- Wireless sound equipment which does not meet requirements detailing on Appendix 8 can enter Vietnam but frequency permit for use will be required.
- SRD which operates in multi RF power level and operating frequencies, including the bands or RF power not allowed in Vietnam, must have TPC and function to fix operating frequencies in order to be allowed.
- Remove 866 ~ 868 MHz license-free band allocated for RFID.
- RFID operating in 866 ~ 868 MHz imported to Vietnam before effective date of this Circular can still be use but end-user must stop using if harmful interference caused.
- Add few more frequency bands allowed for inductive loop devices
- Add few more license-free frequency bands for AIS and EPIRB (maritime equipment)
Click here to preview the draft Circular amending and supplementing Circular No. 46/2016/TT-BTTTT.
New Circular from MIC: Circular 15/2018/TT-BTTTT amending and supplementing Circular 30/2011/TT-BTTTT
November 20, 2018
November 15, 2018