Preparing and submitting IPQR
iOTEK – From August 2018, all local importers have to follow the regulation of Decree No. 74/2018/ND-CP dated May 15, 2018 and Decree No. 132/2008/ND-CP dated December 31, 2008 of the Vietnam Government on importation.
In details, under the regulation of Decree No. 74/2018/ND-CP, all the local importers have to submit the “imported product quality registration” (IPQR) form together with the related documents of their shipment to Approval Authority for their importation. After that, the local importer have to submit the Self-Declaration of Conformity (SDoC) to Approval Authority in next 15 days from custom clearance in order to declare that their product complies with all applied Vietnam standards.
These steps are described as below:
1. Submit the IPQR application documents to Approval Authority
2. Approval Authority provides the signed and stamped IPQR in 1 working day
3. Submit the signed and stamped IPQR to Vietnam Custom for custom clearance.
4. Submit the SDoC application documents to Authority (in next 15 days from custom clearance)
Below is requirement documents for IPQR and SDoC applications:
PQR application documents:
- IPQR form (see page 41 of Decree No. 74/2018/ND-CP)
- Packing list
- Bill of Lading
- Custom Declaration
- Label of products
- Copy of the type approval certificate (for radio products in Appendix 1 of Circular No. 04/2018/TT-BTTTT)
SDoC application documents:
- SDoC form
- Technical specifications of the product
- External photos of the product
- EMC test reports of the product (it should be local test reports or MRA test reports)
The location for registration of IPQR and SDoC:
Registration for imported product quality inspection can be applied to one of the below three authorities of VNTA:
The Verification and Certification Center 1 of VNTA
Floor 15, Building Radio Frequency Department, 115 Tran Duy Hung, Cau Giay District, Hanoi Vietnam
2. Ho Chi Minh City:
The Verification and Certification Center 2 of VNTA
No. 60 Tan Canh, Ward 1, Tan Binh Dist. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
3. Da Nang City:
The Verification and Certification Center 3 of VNTA
43 Tran Quoc Toan Street, Hai Chau 1 Ward, Hai Chau District, Da Nang, Vietnam.
Click here to preview the signed and stamped IPQR.
November 8, 2019